The Lumiares, Lisbon
$200 for $300 to spend with The Lumiares, Lisbon
R. do Diário de Notícias 142, 1200-146 Lisboa, Portugal
Why We Love It
- Stylish, laidback, authentic—the coolest hotel in the city right now.
- Star chef Joao Silva helms the rooftop restaurant with eye-popping views.
- The small but perfectly formed spa is a real draw for those in the know.
About the Place
This luxury 47-room hotel and spa—an 18th-century palace actually—seems to capture the colors, patterns, and famous golden sunlight of Europe's coolest city. Sitting up on the north flank of the Bairro Alto, The Lumiares gets all the city's bohemian charm, as well as spectacular views of it’s tiled roofs and Tagus river.
Rooms are spacious and populated with pieces by local brands and artists, giving a 'home from home' feel. (Most are apartments, many have their own kitchen.) Talking of homes, the Lumi Rooftop restaurant is the current home of star chef Joao Silva. Come for high quality, locally sourced, seasonal dishes served under a canopy of blue sky. Even if you are not eating, stop off at the bar for cocktails before venturing down into the city.
A special shout-out also goes to the hotel's small but perfectly formed spa, with assured therapists and products by La Sultane de Saba.
The Fine Print
- For use at The Lumiares, Lisbon.
- Credit applied to reservation total when booking direct.
- Available on all room categories. New bookings only.
- Expires 12/31/2022. Non-refundable, but transferable.
- Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure.