The Academy Hotel, London
$200 for $300 to spend with The Academy Hotel, London
21 Gower St, Fitzrovia, London WC1, UK
Why We Love It
- A member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
- Like staying in the guest bedroom of a stylish friend in Edwardian London.
- Walking distance to anything you want to see and do in the West End.
About the Place
The Academy occupies an enviable position for a luxury hotel in London—in the center of Bloomsbury, a chic residential neighborhood in the city center, dominated by grassy squares and grand Georgian townhouses with a history dating back 240 years. The Academy comprises five such townhouses combined into a charming hotel, recently reenergized by a multi-million-pound refurbishment. Inside, renowned designer Alexandra Champalimaud has combined modern and vintage, glamour and bookishness, as a nod to the lives and loves of the Bloomsbury Set—the literati that defined this area.
After a delicious night’s sleep, start your day with breakfast in the Refectory. Book direct using Hotel Credits and you'll get a complimentary Continental breakfast every morning, as well as a complimentary Alkkemist Gin & Tonic in the cozy Alchemy Bar (for later). Settle in at the Library or the pretty Courtyard for Mr. Ma's Afternoon Tea—a combination of Chinese sweet treats with classic British fare that is the Academy’s fresh take on the London tradition.
When you feel like taking in the sights of the city, know that The British Museum is only a 4-minute walk away. Toodle pip!
The Fine Print
- For use at The Academy Hotel, London.
- Credit applied to reservation total when booking direct.
- Available on all room categories. New bookings only.
- Expires 12/31/2022. Non-refundable, but transferable.
- Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure.