On Long Island’s North Fork, the farmland and the vineyards roll down to the Sound. At its remote tip, on the water, sits not just a seaside hotel, but the perfect off-season destination, designed to inspire, to unplug, to escape and to reconnect.
We suggest: take a trip to Long Island during the off-peak season for wide open vistas and fall foliage. $1200 in Credits should cover a weekend getaway, including Credits to spend at The Halyard seafood restaurant or Lowtide Beach Bar.
All of Sound View’s rooms are waterfront, with direct access to a quarter mile of private beach. Immerse yourself. If sand and pebbles are your thing, pad a few sandy yards into the Sound. Otherwise, the pool is the perfect spot to enjoy the life aquatic, overlooking the water just steps away.
Stretch out on a custom lounger of canvas and sailing rope and count the shades of blue from the shore to the horizon. Should hunger strike, a classic summer meal from Jack’s Shack—the concession stand that began it all—is just a raised-hand or text away. Have a lobster roll delivered straight to your lounger. And when the hour strikes and the sun kisses the sea, lose yourself in the magic as strung lights illuminate the deck and music carries on the breeze.
Nature is in her glory and abundance on the North Fork—a place where you never need to see another soul if you so wish. When you are in the mood for some local activity, try a farm tour at Sang Lee Farm, or perhaps a wine-tasting. Our favorite local wineries include Bedell Cellars, for really good rosé, and Leib, for its interesting whites. Some excellent breweries call the North Fork home, too: Eastern Front, Greenport Harbor, Jamesport Farm, and Moustache Brewing, to name a few. Dip your own whiskers in any of the seasonal froth-tops they offer. For inner growth, meantime, Southold's The Giving Room hosts in-season yoga and local sanghas lead guided meditation journeys.
The Fine Print
* Expires: 12/31/2022
* Credits cannot be applied to bookings during the following blackout dates: 07/01/2020 - 09/07/2020, 07/01/2021–09/06/2021, and 07/01/2022–09/05/2022
* For use with new bookings only
* Bookings with credits must be made directly with the hotel
* Can be applied towards best available rate
* Credits will apply to reservation total, including tax and on-property spend
* Non-refundable but transferable to anyone
* Full balance of credit must be used when redeemed
* Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure