Nihi Sumba, Sumba Island
$1000 for $1500 or $200 for $300 to spend with Nihi Sumba, Sumba Island
Hoba Wawi, Wanokaka, West Sumba Regency, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Why We Love it
- Travel + Leisure’s #1 Hotel in the World for two consecutive years.
- They do so much to support the local community—and you can join in.
- Credits usable across the property (excluding only alcohol and boutique).
About the Place
Nihi Sumba has long been legendary amongst wave chasers as a surfing utopia. Now it’s much more.
They call this remote Indonesian island location "the edge of wildness," but there’s plenty of luxury laid on. Villas, built by hand from local, natural materials, fit the lush papaya and palm trees that surround them. Resort owner Chris Burch, co-founder of Tory Burch, has added plenty of stylish touches. Each villa comes with its own private infinity plunge pool, butler, and views to die for.
Take an idyllic private beach with crystal clear water, spectacular jungle backdrop and pristine sands. Spend the day lounging by an infinity pool, or beneath swaying palms, enjoying cocktails and ceviches. Expert treatments at NihiOka spa come with gentle breezes and an Indian Ocean view. At dusk, the sight of horses galloping down the beach will lead you to wonder if you’re dreaming.
Go discover why this is one of the best resorts in the world.
Sumba Crisis Relief
Porter & Sail is proud to support the amazing work of Sumba Foundation and Nihi Sumba to help those in their communities in Sumba, Indonesia who are most affected by the Covid-19 crisis. The Sumba Crisis Relief Fund was created to support the Sumbanese people and help ease the economic impacts from the disruption in tourism and failed crops due to the pandemic. Read more.
The Fine Print
- Credit applied to reservation total when booking direct.
- Available on all room categories. New bookings only.
- Credit applicable toward additional expenses, excluding alcohol drinks and Nihi boutique purchase.
- Expires 12/31/2021.
- Blackout dates apply: July 14-Aug 31 2020, and July 14-Aug 31 2021.
- Non-refundable but transferable to whomever you’d like.
- Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure.