Buttermilk Falls Inn, NY
$200 for $300 to spend with Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa, NY
220 N Road, Milton, New York
Why We Love It
- Secluded, enveloped in nature—and just a quick train ride from NYC.
- The whole property is a certified animal sanctuary.
- Breweries, wineries and even a whiskey distillery operate nearby.
About the Place
On 75 lush acres overlooking the Hudson Valley’s eponymous river in Milton, NY, Buttermilk Fall Inn & Spa is a hotel, eco-friendly spa and a farm-to-table restaurant. Some accommodations are in the circa 1764 Main House while others— suites, carriage houses and multi-bedroom houses with working fireplaces—are scattered across the property. Accommodations exude the charm one would expect of a country chic experience.
For some up-close fauna and farming, explore the adjacent orchard, aviary, and kitchen gardens, where alpacas, llamas, sheep, and a family of miniature donkeys, graze. The livestock are the result of the owner’s ongoing rescue efforts and the whole of the property is a certified animal sanctuary.
The restaurant, Henry’s at the Farm, sources ingredients from the inn's own farm, as well as from other local farms and artisan producers. The spa (which includes sauna, steam room, and indoor pool) boasts stunning views across the landscaped grounds bordered by virgin woodlands. Very nice!
The Fine Print
- For use at Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa.
- Credit applied to reservation total when booking direct.
- Available on all room categories. New bookings only.
- Expires 12/31/2022.
- Non-refundable, but transferable.
- Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of closure