Made for creatives, tastemakers and fans of cultural expression, this hipster playground in the thick of Seoul’s youth culture and art scene is a hotel, sure, but it’s much more besides. RYSE, Autograph Collection is the new luxury.
Where to start? The interiors by SOHO House designer, Michaelis Boyd. The in-house art gallery, the ‘zine library, the coffee shop that kills on Instagram, the rooftop bar with epic vinyl collection, or the streetwear store that spans 3 floors?
You’re met on first entry by a bubblegum pink resin floor framed by a rough concrete wall—which, in fact, is an actual cliff face, 3D-printed in concrete. The smell of freshly made sourdough bread is courtesy of legendary bakery, Tartine. A neon gridded-steel hanging sculpture by Kyunghwan Kwon offers just a hint of the art you’ll discover stretching all the way up to Side Note Club on the 15th floor, where music spills out onto an open rooftop.
Grab dinner at CHARR, the hotel's casual restaurant centered on open fire cooking using Korean applewood. You’ll be among cool locals and global creatives.
From the top of RYSE, buzzy Hongdae stretches out before you, full of burgeoning creativity, good food, and stuff to do and buy. And because Hongdae caters to students at Hongik University, it’s very affordable. Start your exploration at 33apartment, a café tucked away in a quiet side street of Hannam-dong (Hannamdae-ro 27 gil 33). With an overly simplified menu, 33 focuses on serving the best quality coffee, not the most varieties. The set up here is also different from Korea’s dabang (coffee shop) culture where people tend to sit in one spot for long hours of conversation. Instead, the layout encourages movement and dynamic interaction with other customers and the baristas. Before you leave, head upstairs in the same building to scope out the bespoke suit brand, Sartisan.
Travel with Impact
The Zero Project is RYSE’s initiative to promote sustainability and reduce impact on the planet. They do this through sustainable supplier chains, in-house practices and support for organizations working to this goal.
The Fine Print
* Expires: 12/31/2021
* For use with new bookings only
* Bookings with credits must be made directly with the hotel
* Can be applied towards best available rate
* Non-refundable but transferable to anyone
* Full balance of credit must be used when redeemed
* Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure
* Credits are worth KRW 1,200 for 1 USD. This rate will remain fixed
* Credits can be applied to hotel room (redeemed against a guests’ total room bill including tax and spend at CHARR and Side Note Club when staying at the hotel). Credit not valid for Room Service or at Tartine and Worksout