Nihi Sumba, Sumba Island
$1000 for $1500 or $200 for $300 to spend with Nihi Sumba, Sumba Island
Hoba Wawi, Wanokaka, West Sumba Regency, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Why We Love it
- Travel + Leisure’s #1 Hotel in the World for two consecutive years.
- Untouched spaces and wild horses, rice paddies and natural beauty.
- Located on a remote island called "the edge of wildness," yet with all the lashings of luxury: private pool, butler, and views for days.
About the Place
Nihi Sumba has long been legendary amongst wave chasers as a surfing utopia. Now it’s much more.
They call this remote Indonesian island location "the edge of wildness," but there’s plenty of luxury laid on. Villas, built by hand from local, natural materials, fit the lush papaya and palm trees that surround them. Resort owner Chris Burch, co-founder of Tory Burch, has added plenty of stylish touches. Each villa comes with its own private infinity plunge pool, butler, and views to die for.
Take an idyllic private beach with crystal clear water, spectacular jungle backdrop and pristine sands. Spend the day lounging by an infinity pool, or beneath swaying palms, enjoying cocktails and ceviches. Expert treatments at NihiOka spa come with gentle breezes and an Indian Ocean view. At dusk, the sight of horses galloping down the beach will lead you to wonder if you’re dreaming.
If you're craving more on how to stay, experience and splurge at Nihi (there's a $1 million one-month resort buyout, for instance), take a virtual holiday. Go discover why this is one of the best resorts in the world and start planning.
Sumba Crisis Relief
Porter & Sail is proud to support the amazing work of Sumba Foundation and Nihi Sumba to help those in their communities in Sumba, Indonesia who are most affected by the Covid-19 crisis. The Sumba Crisis Relief Fund was created to support the Sumbanese people and help ease the economic impacts from the disruption in tourism and failed crops due to the pandemic. Read more.
The Fine Print
- Expires: 12/31/2022.
- Credit available for new, direct bookings only.
- Credit can be used for the best available rate when booking directly with the property.
- Credit can be applied to reservation total, excluding alcohol drinks and Nihi boutique purchases.
- Credit cannot be applied to bookings during the following blackout dates: July 14-Aug 31 2020, and July 14-Aug 31 2021.
- Non-refundable but transferable to whomever you’d like.
- Credit has no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The full balance of credit must be used when redeemed; residual balances are not applicable for rollover.
- Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure.