Experience the majesty of Riviera Maya without the crowds at this chic resort. This is socially-distanced travel at its finest, with private bungalows equipped with their own plunge pool and gorgeous jungle views. Porter & Sail's founder was so enamored with her own experiences at Esencia, that she avidly pursued the property to join our platform, then quickly scooped up credits of her own. Read more below to see why this unmatched experience is yours for the taking.
Between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, far from the huge resorts, the immaculate bay of Xpu-Ha is a natural haven where sea turtles make their nests. Here, on 50 sprawling, tropical acres sits Hotel Esencia, a timeless mansion built as the hideaway home of the Italian Duchess of Ferrera on the Riviera’s most beautiful beach. Each separate bungalow is tucked down a private pathway lined with palms and tropical foliage. Some rooms have plunge pools, all have gorgeous views. Dining is open air. The beach itself is pristine and feels as though it’s yours alone.
Service is amazing precisely because it’s not on top of you. You’ll wake to find pastries wrapped up on your porch, giving you something to nibble so that you can relax before going to breakfast. At night copal essence is brought to your room, as gentle Mayan music plays.
Get the best of Cancun without any of the crowds at Riviera Maya. This 80 mile stretch of coastline is all about the pristine white sand beaches and turquoise waters, the ultimate remote and restorative paradise. Nature is paramount between the gorgeous views and the natural wonders of the Riviera. Take a scuba diving or snorkeling tour, visit an ecological center, or tour the glory of the Maya at one of the archaeological sites, like Chichen Itza, Tulum, or Coba. If nature adventures aren’t your thing, picturesque colonial Spanish villages like Valladolid or Mérida are only a car ride away. Better yet, do nothing at all except take in the natural beauty of this off-the-beaten-path hideaway.
The Fine Print
* Credit must be redeemed within 2 years from the date of purchase
* For use with new bookings only
* Bookings with credits must be made directly with the hotel
* Applicable towards best available rate
* Credits applied to reservation total, including tax and on-property spend
* Credit cannot be used for bookings during the following blackout dates: Dec 18 2020-Jan 4, 2021 and Dec 18 2021-Jan 4, 2022
* Non-refundable but transferable to anyone
* Full balance of credit must be used when redeemed
* Porter & Sail will provide a full refund in the event of hotel closure